Ukraine Newspapers is the media press of Ukraine. The Media Landscape in Ukraine is changing rapidly and the country has now become a global leader in digital media. There are many challenges and opportunities for Ukrainian journalists, but the country has many advantages as well.
While it is difficult to say what the future of Ukrainian journalism will be, it is clear that there will be more demand for journalists who can work across different platforms and formats.
Read More Newspapers:
Table of Contents
About Ukraine Newspapers
Some of the most popular newspapers in Ukraine include:
- Kyiv Post – Founded in 1995, Kyiv Post is an English-language newspaper published in Kyiv. It covers news and analysis on Ukraine, politics, business, and culture.
- Ukrayinska Pravda – Founded in 2000, Ukrayinska Pravda is a Ukrainian online newspaper that covers news and analysis on politics, business, and culture. It is known for its investigative journalism and exposes on corruption.
- Den – Founded in 1996, Den is a Ukrainian daily newspaper published in Kyiv. It covers news and analysis on politics, business, and culture, and is known for its in-depth reporting and analytical articles.
- Segodnya – Segodnya is a Ukrainian daily newspaper that covers news and analysis on politics, business, and culture. It was founded in 1999 and is published in Kyiv.
- Holos Ukrainy – Holos Ukrainy is the official newspaper of the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine’s parliament. It covers news and analysis on politics, legislation, and government activities.
- Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine – Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine is a Ukrainian daily newspaper that covers news and analysis on politics, business, and culture. It was founded in 1925 and is published in Kyiv.
- Fakty i Kommentarii – Fakty i Kommentarii is a Ukrainian daily newspaper that covers news and analysis on politics, business, and culture. It was founded in 1997 and is published in Kyiv.
In addition to these newspapers, there are also numerous regional and local newspapers across Ukraine, catering to specific regions and communities.
The media landscape in Ukraine has undergone significant changes in recent years, with the growth of online media and social networks. Many traditional newspapers have shifted their focus to online platforms, and new online media outlets have emerged to cater to younger, tech-savvy audiences.
However, despite these changes, newspapers remain an important source of news and analysis in Ukraine, providing in-depth coverage and analysis on a range of issues.
What are the Most Influential Ukrainian Newspapers of All Time?
The most influential Ukrainian newspapers of all time are those that have been in existence for the longest period of time. The following is a list of the most influential Ukrainian newspapers, according to their longevity:
1) “Ukrayinska Pravda” – established in 1918;
2) “Halytska Pravda” – established in 1918;
3) “Kontrakt” – established in 1919;
4) “Ukrainska Pravda” – established in 1919;
5) “Krytyka” – established in 1920;
6) “Dzerkalo Tyzhnia” (Дзеркало Тижня)- established in 1921
Top 10 Ukraine Newspapers
Ukraine has a long history of independent media and newspapers. However, the country’s press freedom has been declining for decades.
The state-owned Ukrainian News Agency is the world’s largest news agency, with more than 400 journalists, and a budget of $36 million.
Ukraine is also considered as one of the most dangerous countries to be a journalist in. The country ranks 136th out of 180 countries on Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index.
Zerkalo Nedeli is a digital newspaper that is published in Ukraine. It was founded by the journalists of the national broadcaster, Radio, and Television of Ukraine.
This is one of the most popular online publications in Ukraine with a monthly audience of over 1 million visitors. The website has been recognized as an influential digital publication on Ukrainian politics and social issues.
Delo Newspaper is a Ukrainian newspaper that was founded in 2006. It is the largest newspaper in Ukraine and covers a wide range of topics.
Itr is the first Ukrainian newspaper to have its own website, which has been online since 2007. The website has over 5 million unique visitors per month and an Alexa rank of 353 among all websites in Ukraine.
The paper’s circulation reached 1 million copies in 2013, and it now occupies the third place on the list of Ukrainian newspapers by circulation
Ekspres is the second-largest Ukrainian newspaper. It is known for its radical pro-Kremlin stance and its controversial coverage of Ukraine’s war against Russia-backed separatists.
It has been a source of propaganda for the Russian government and can be seen as an example of how propaganda works in a country with a free press.
The newspaper has been criticized for spreading fake news and propaganda, but it has also been known to investigate corruption allegations against individuals close to the Kremlin.
Holos Ukrayiny is the most important source of information for the Ukrainian community living abroad. It also serves as a platform for the international community to see what’s happening in Ukraine and get their opinion on it.
Silski Visti is a Ukrainian newspaper that was founded in 1999. It is the first independent national newspaper to be published in Ukraine.
It has been recognized as one of the most successful independent newspapers in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. It also received awards for its coverage of the Orange Revolution, which became a major news story worldwide, and its investigative reports on corruption in Ukraine.
Ukrayina Moloda Newspaper is a Russian-language newspaper that publishes in Ukraine. It was founded in the Soviet Union but now it is published independently and mostly online.
Ukrainian Newspapers And News Sites
- Vecherniye Vesti (Вечерние Вести)
- Segodnya (Сегодня)
- Gordon UA
- Novoe Vremya
- Evropeiska Pravda
- Ekomomichna Pravda
- Zerkalo Nedeli
- Donetskie Novosti
- V Gorode
- Vecherniy Kharkov
- Odessa Daily
- Vysoky Zamok (Lviv)
- Kyiv Post
- Interfax-Ukraine News Agency
- All About Accounting
- Delovaya Stolitsa
- Uryadovy Kuryer (Ukrainian: Урядовий кур’єр)
- day.kyiv.ua (День)
- Molodyy Bukovynets
- Lvivska Hazeta
- Lviv Today
- Argumenty i Fakty Ukraina
- Ukrainian Independent Information Agency
These are the best Ukraine Newspapers online. They are daily, weekly, and online newspapers from Ukraine.
Q: What are some popular newspapers in Ukraine?
Q: What topics do Ukrainian newspapers cover?
A: Ukrainian newspapers cover a wide range of topics including politics, economics, sports, culture, entertainment, and current events both domestically and internationally.
Q: Are there any English-language newspapers in Ukraine?
A: Yes, the Kyiv Post is an English-language newspaper in Ukraine that covers news, politics, business, and culture.
Q: Can I read Ukrainian newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Ukrainian newspapers have an online edition that can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Q: Are Ukrainian newspapers independent from government influence?
A: While there are laws protecting freedom of the press in Ukraine, there have been concerns about government influence on the media. Some newspapers have been accused of being biased towards certain political parties or individuals.
Q: Can I submit a letter to the editor of a Ukrainian newspaper?
A: Yes, most newspapers have a section for letters to the editor where readers can express their opinions or share their experiences.
Q: Are there any newspapers in Ukraine that focus on a specific region or city?
A: Yes, there are several newspapers that focus on specific regions or cities in Ukraine, such as the Lvivska Hazeta in Lviv or the Odeskyi Chas in Odessa.
Q: How often are Ukrainian newspapers published?
A: The frequency of publication varies by newspaper, but most are published daily or weekly.