Tennessee is a midland state in the south of the United States. It is very rich in media sections such as television and newspapers. It is home to more than 120 newspapers. The most widely circulated paid newspaper in the state. There are some popular newspapers in this state which are also published in other states. Today’s post is arranged with Tennessee Newspapers and online news sites. There is also an online link for each news site. You can read the news from any part of the world by clicking on the link.
Also Read: South Dakota Newspapers
Table of Contents
About Tennessee Newspapers
Tennessee is home to a diverse array of newspapers that cover everything from local news and politics to entertainment and sports. The state’s newspapers play an important role in keeping residents informed about current events, community issues, and developments across the state.
One of the most widely read newspapers in Tennessee is The Tennessean, which is based in Nashville and has been in circulation since 1907. The Tennessean covers a wide range of topics, including politics, business, sports, and entertainment. It also has a robust online presence, with a website that features breaking news, multimedia content, and a digital version of the print newspaper.
Another major newspaper in Tennessee is the Knoxville News Sentinel, which has been serving the Knoxville area since 1886. The News Sentinel is known for its in-depth reporting on local and state issues, as well as its coverage of University of Tennessee sports. It also has a strong digital presence, with a website that includes multimedia content and a mobile app for easy access to breaking news.
Other notable newspapers in Tennessee include The Commercial Appeal in Memphis, the Chattanooga Times Free Press, and the Jackson Sun. Each of these newspapers has a unique focus and serves a specific geographic region within the state.
In addition to traditional newspapers, Tennessee is also home to several alternative and independent publications that provide a different perspective on the news. These publications include the Nashville Scene, which covers local politics, arts, and culture, and the Memphis Flyer, which focuses on news and events in the Memphis area.
Overall, Tennessee newspapers play a vital role in informing residents about what’s happening in their communities and across the state. Whether you prefer to read print newspapers or get your news online, there are plenty of options available to keep you informed and engaged with the issues that matter most to you.
List Of Tennessee Newspapers Online
Knoxville News Sentinel was started its journey in 1886. This daily newspaper is owned by Gannett. Its daily circulation is 119,172 and Sunday 150,147. Jack McElroy is the chief editor of this paper. It covers crime, politics, business, travel, sports, job, and more.
The Commercial Appeal daily broadsheet format newspaper. Mike Jung is the publisher and Mark Russell is the editor of this newspaper. It was established in 1841. It has won Pulitzer Prize for Public Service. The headquarters of this paper is situated in Memphis, Tennessee.
Chattanooga Times is one of the leading daily newspapers in Tennessee. WEHCO Media, Inc. is the owner of this paper. The Times was published in 1869, the Free Press in 1933, and the Times Free Press in 1999. Jeff DeLoach is the current president of this newspaper.
The Bristol Herald Courier was first launched in August 1865 by John Slack. It is a 39,000 conventional daily newspaper. Normally, this paper publishes in broadsheet format. Lee Enterprises is the proprietor of this paper.
Kingsport Times-News was first published in 1944. Sandusky Newspapers, Inc. is the current owner of this paper. It prints in the English language. It won the Tennessee State Press Award for Reporting, Photography, Editorial Writing, and Design.
Daily newspapers in Tennessee
- Athens Post-Athenian
- Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Cleveland Banner
- Columbia Herald
- Cookeville Herald-Citizen
- Dyersburg State Gazette
- Elizabethton Elizabethton Star
- Greeneville Greeneville Sun
- Jackson Jackson Sun
- Johnson City Johnson City Press
- Kingsport Times-News
- Knoxville News-Sentinel
- Maryville Times
- Morristown Citizen Tribune
- Murfreesboro News Journal
- Oak Ridge Oak Ridge
- Shelbyville Times-Gazette
- Union City Union City Daily Messenger
- Ardmore Your Community Shopper
- Bartlett Bartlett Express
- Bean Station Grainger Today
- Bolivar Bulletin Times
- Bristol Herald Courier
- Carthage Carthage Courier
- Celina Dale Hollow Horizon
- Chattanooga Chattanoogan
- Chattanooga Hamilton County Herald
- Chattanooga Pulse
- Clarksville All-State
- Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle
- Covington Leader
- Crossville Crossville Chronicle
- Dayton Herald-News
- Dresden Dresden Enterprise
- Erwin Erwin Record
- Fayetteville Elk Valley Times
- Gainesboro Jackson County Sentinel
- Gallatin Gallatin News
- Hartsville Hartsville Vidette
- Henderson County Independent
- Hohenwald Lewis County Herald
- Jamestown Fentress Courier
- Jefferson City Standard Banner
- Johnson City East Tennessean
- Johnson City Johnson City Press
- Jonesborough Herald & Tribune
- Kingston Roane County News
- Knoxville Knoxville Journal
- Lafayette Macon County Chronicle
- Lafayette Macon County Times
- LaFollette LaFollette Press
- Lebanon Lebanon Democrat
- Lebanon Wilson Post
- Lewisburg Marshall County Tribune
- Lexington Lexington Progress
- Linden Buffalo River Review
- Livingston Livingston Enterprise
- Livingston Overton County News
- Lynchburg Moore County News
- Manchester Manchester Times
- McKenzie McKenzie Banner
- McMinnville Southern Standard
- Milan Milan Mirror-Exchange
- Millington Millington Star
- Mt. Juliet Chronicle
- Mt. Juliet Mt. Juliet News
- Mountain City Tomahawk
- Murfreesboro Sidelines
- Newport Newport Plain Talk
- Oneida Independent Herald
- Paris Paris Post-Intelligencer
- Pikeville Bledsonian-Banner
- Portland Portland Leader
- Rogersville Rogersville Review
- Selmer Independent Appeal
- Sevierville Mountain Press
- Smithville Smithville Review
- Sparta Expositor
- Sweetwater Advocate & Democrat
- Tazewell Claiborne Progress
- Tracy City Grundy County Herald
- Tullahoma Tullahoma News
- Wartburg Morgan County News
- Winchester Herald-Chronicle
- Woodbury Cannon Courier
- Tennessee Press Association
Read the full post to know more about Tennessee Newspapers. There is a link to the online website of each newspaper where you can read the news directly from the website by clicking.
Q: What are some major newspapers in Tennessee?
A: Some of the major newspapers in Tennessee include The Tennessean, The Commercial Appeal, Knoxville News Sentinel, Chattanooga Times Free Press, and The Daily News Journal.
Q: How can I access Tennessee newspapers online?
A: Most Tennessee newspapers have an online presence and can be accessed through their websites. Additionally, many newspapers offer digital subscriptions for their content. Libraries and universities may also provide online access to newspapers through their databases.
Q: What types of news can I expect to find in Tennessee newspapers?
A: Tennessee newspapers cover a wide range of news topics, including local and state politics, crime, education, business, sports, entertainment, and human interest stories. Some newspapers may have a particular focus or editorial slant.
Q: Are there any free Tennessee newspapers?
A: While most newspapers require a subscription or payment to access their content, some Tennessee newspapers offer free online access to a limited number of articles per month. Additionally, community newspapers may be available for free at local businesses and public places.
Q: How can I submit a news tip or story to a Tennessee newspaper?
A: Each newspaper may have their own guidelines and processes for submitting news tips or stories. Typically, contact information for the newsroom or editorial staff can be found on the newspaper’s website. Some newspapers may also have a dedicated email address or phone number for news tips.
Q: How often are Tennessee newspapers published?
A: Most Tennessee newspapers are published daily or several times a week, while some smaller community newspapers may be published weekly or monthly.
Q: Can I purchase print copies of Tennessee newspapers?
A: Yes, print copies of Tennessee newspapers are typically available for purchase at newsstands and retail locations throughout the state. Some newspapers may also offer home delivery subscriptions.