In terms of size and population, Texas is the second-biggest state in America. The media technology in this state is very advanced and rich. Details of newspapers from different states are constantly posted on our website. Today’s article is a detailed description of the Texas Newspapers.
Also Read: Tennessee Newspapers
Table of Contents
About Texas Newspapers
Texas has a diverse and thriving newspaper industry with a long history dating back to the mid-19th century. Today, the state is home to numerous newspapers, both large and small, covering a wide range of topics from local news to state and national politics, sports, entertainment, and business.
One of the most prominent newspapers in Texas is The Dallas Morning News, which has been in operation since 1885. It is known for its extensive coverage of news and events in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, as well as its coverage of statewide and national issues. The paper has won numerous awards for its journalism, including multiple Pulitzer Prizes.
Another major newspaper in Texas is the Houston Chronicle, which has been in circulation since 1901. It is the largest newspaper in the state by circulation and covers a wide range of topics, including local news, sports, business, and entertainment. The paper has also won several Pulitzer Prizes for its reporting.
The Austin American-Statesman is another well-known newspaper in Texas, serving the state capital and surrounding areas. It has been in operation since 1871 and covers a wide range of topics, including politics, education, health, and business.
Other notable newspapers in Texas include the San Antonio Express-News, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and the El Paso Times. Each of these papers provides unique perspectives on the issues and events affecting their respective regions.
In addition to traditional print newspapers, many Texas newspapers also have a strong online presence, with websites and social media accounts that allow readers to access news and information on a 24/7 basis. These digital platforms also provide opportunities for readers to engage with journalists and participate in the news-making process.
Overall, Texas newspapers play a vital role in informing and engaging communities throughout the state. They serve as watchdogs, holding those in power accountable, and provide a platform for diverse voices and opinions to be heard.
List Of Texas Newspapers & Latest News
Dallas Morning News is a broadsheet format daily newspaper. A. H. Belo Corporation is the present owner of this app. It was established on 1 October 1885. It features the latest news, business, education, environment, sports, arts & entertainment, economy, and more.
Houston Chronicle is the biggest newspaper in Texas. It was founded in 1901 by Houston Post. This paper is owned by Hearst Communications. Its daily readership circulation is 825,000 and Sunday 1,400,000. It is a 7 day morning newspaper.
San Antonio Express-News was first established in 1865 as a weekly tabloid-style. But now it prints in Broadsheet format. Hearst Corporation is the proprietor of this paper. It covers all current updates from national and international.
El Paso Times is a leading daily newspaper in El Paso, Texas. Gannett is the current owner of this newspaper. It was first featured in 1881 by Marcellus Washington Carrico. The daily circulation of this paper is 65,247.
Focus Daily News was founded in 1987. Focus Newspapers of DFW is the present owner of this paper. It features a combination of local news, national news, state news, and opinion.
Daily newspapers in Texas
- Abilene Abilene Reporter-News
- Alice Alice Echo-News Journal
- Amarillo Amarillo Globe-News
- Athens Athens Daily Review
- Beaumont Beaumont Enterprise
- Big Spring Big Spring Herald
- Borger Borger News-Herald
- Brownsville Herald
- Brownwood Brownwood Bulletin
- Bryan Eagle
- Clute Facts
- Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Corsicana Corsicana Daily Sun
- Del Rio News-Herald
- Denton Denton Record-Chronicle
- DeSoto Focus Daily News
- Ennis Ennis Daily News
- Gainesville Daily Register
- Greenville Herald-Banner
- Harlingen Valley Morning Star
- Henderson Daily News
- Huntsville Item
- Jacksonville Jacksonville Progress
- Kerrville Daily Times
- Kilgore Kilgore News Herald
- Killeen Killeen Daily Herald
- Laredo Laredo Morning Times
- Longview Longview News-Journal
- Lubbock Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
- Lufkin Lufkin Daily News
- Marshall Marshall News Messenger
- McAllen Monitor
- Midland Midland Reporter-Telegram
- Mineral Wells Mineral Wells Index
- Mount Pleasant Tribune
- Nacogdoches Sentinel
- New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung
- Palestine Palestine Herald-Press
- Pampa Pampa News
- Paris Paris News
- Plainview Daily Herald
- Port Arthur Port Arthur News
- Rosenberg Fort Bend Herald and Texas Coaster
- San Angelo Standard-Times
- San Marcos Daily Record
- Seguin Seguin Gazette
- Sherman Herald Democrat
- Snyder Snyder Daily News
- Stephenville Empire-Tribune
- Stephenville News-Telegram
- Sweetwater Sweetwater Reporter
- Taylor Taylor Press
- Temple Temple Daily Telegram
- Texarkana Texarkana Gazette
- Tyler Tyler Morning Telegraph
- Victoria Victoria Advocate
- Waco Waco Tribune-Herald
- Waxahachie Daily Light
- Weatherford Weatherford Democrat
- Wichita Falls Times Record News
- Aledo Community News
- Alpine Alpine Avalanche
- Alvin Alvin Sun Advertiser
- Andrews Andrews County News
- Angleton Bulletin Online
- Aransas Pass Aransas Pass Progress
- Archer City Archer County News
- Azle Azle News
- Bandera Bandera Bulletin
- Bay City Bay City Tribune
- Beaumont Examiner
- Boerne Boerne Star
- Breckenridge Breckenridge American
- Brownfield Brownfield News
- Canadian Canadian Record
- Canyon Canyon News
- Cedar Park Hill Country News
- Center Light and Champion
- Clifton Clifton Record Online
- Columbus Colorado County Citizen
- Comanche Comanche Chief
- Decatur Wise County Messenger
- Dumas Moore County News-Press
- Emory Rains County Leader
- El Campo Leader-News
- Floresville The Wilson County News
- Fredericksburg Fredericksburg Standard
- Glen Rose Glen Rose Reporter
- Goldthwaite Goldthwaite Eagle
- Granbury Hood County News
- Gilmer Gilmer Mirror
- Hamilton Hamilton Herald-News
- Jacksboro Jack County Herald
- Junction Junction Eagle
- Katy Katy Times
- Kyle Hays Free Press
- Lockhart Lockhart Post-Register
- Lampasas Dispatch Record
- Marble Falls Highlander
- Mount Vernon Optic-Herald
- Navasota Navasota Examiner
- Orange Orange Leader
- Palacios Palacios Beacon
- Pleasanton Pleasanton Express
- Port Lavaca Port Lavaca Wave
- Rockdale Rockdale Reporter
- Rusk Cherokeean Herald
- Terrell The Terrell Tribune
- Uvalde Uvalde Leader News
- Van Horn Van Horn Advocate
- Weimar Weimar Mercury
- Wharton Wharton Journal-Spectator
- Wichita Falls Times Record News
- Wylie Wylie News
- Baylor Lariat
- Daily Campus
- Daily Toreador
- Press association in Texas
This article is helpful to know the details of Texas Newspapers and read news directly online.
Q: What are some popular newspapers in Texas?
A: Some popular newspapers in Texas include the Houston Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, San Antonio Express-News, Austin American-Statesman, and Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Q: What types of news are covered in Texas newspapers?
A: Texas newspapers cover a wide range of news topics including local and national news, sports, politics, business, entertainment, and more.
Q: How can I subscribe to a Texas newspaper?
A: You can subscribe to a Texas newspaper online or by contacting the newspaper directly. Most newspapers offer digital subscriptions as well as print subscriptions.
Q: Are there any free Texas newspapers available?
A: Yes, there are some free Texas newspapers available, such as the Community Impact Newspaper and the Austin Monitor. These newspapers are typically supported by advertising revenue.
Q: Can I access Texas newspapers online?
A: Yes, most Texas newspapers have an online presence where you can read their articles and access their archives. Some newspapers offer digital-only subscriptions, while others offer a combination of digital and print subscriptions.
Q: Are there any bilingual Texas newspapers?
A: Yes, there are several bilingual newspapers in Texas, including El Paso Times, La Voz de Houston, and Mundo Hispanico.
Q: Can I submit a news story or article to a Texas newspaper?
A: Yes, most Texas newspapers accept submissions from freelance writers, photographers, and other contributors. However, you will need to contact the newspaper directly to find out their submission guidelines and requirements.
Q: How can I contact a Texas newspaper for customer service or to report an issue?
A: You can typically find contact information for a Texas newspaper on their website or in the print edition. You can also contact them via phone or email.