Newspapers are one of the most essential things in our daily lives. It is one of the means of getting all the news of one’s own country and the world. That means through it we can keep in touch with the whole world. Each country prints its own newspaper in its own language and culture. Our website is basically arranged with newspapers from different countries and states. Today’s post is about Utah State’s newspaper details. Utah became the 45th state in America in 1896. It is bounded on the east by Colorado, on the north by Idaho, on the northeast by Wyoming, on the south by Arizona, and on the west by Nevada. Its media site is much improved. A good number of newspapers are published in this state. Read the full post to know more about Utah Newspapers.
Also Read: Texas Newspapers
About Utah Newspapers
Utah is home to a vibrant newspaper industry, with numerous daily and weekly publications serving communities across the state. Here is a brief overview of some of the most prominent newspapers in Utah:
- The Salt Lake Tribune – Founded in 1871, The Salt Lake Tribune is the largest newspaper in Utah and one of the oldest continuously operating daily newspapers in the United States. The Tribune has won numerous Pulitzer Prizes for its investigative reporting and is widely considered one of the most respected newspapers in the western United States.
- Deseret News – Owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Deseret News is another major daily newspaper in Utah. It was founded in 1850, just two years after the arrival of the first Mormon pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley. The Deseret News is known for its coverage of Utah politics, business, and religion.
- The Herald Journal – Based in Logan, Utah, The Herald Journal is a daily newspaper that serves the Cache Valley region of northern Utah and southeastern Idaho. The newspaper covers local news, sports, and events, and also publishes a weekly entertainment guide called Cache Magazine.
- The Spectrum – Based in St. George, Utah, The Spectrum is a daily newspaper that serves Washington County and the surrounding areas of southern Utah and northern Arizona. The newspaper covers local news, sports, and events, as well as issues related to tourism, the environment, and public lands.
- The Park Record – Founded in 1880, The Park Record is a weekly newspaper that serves Park City and Summit County in eastern Utah. The newspaper covers local news, events, and outdoor recreation, as well as the Sundance Film Festival, which takes place annually in Park City.
In addition to these newspapers, Utah is also home to a number of smaller publications that serve specific communities or interest groups. These include the Moab Times-Independent, which covers news and events in Moab and Grand County; the Standard-Examiner, which serves Weber and Davis counties in northern Utah; and the Salt Lake City Weekly, a free alternative newspaper that covers local arts and entertainment.
Top List Of Utah Newspapers
Standard-Examiner is a morning newspaper in Utah. The paper is owned by Ogden Newspapers. It was established on 1 January 1888. This daily newspaper prints in the English language. Its headquarters are located in Ogden, Utah. Ryan Christner is the chief editor of this paper. It covers current news, entertainment, sports, multimedia, lifestyle, and more.
The Salt Lake Tribune was a daily newspaper until 2020 but then became a weekly newspaper. It was founded in 1870. The present proprietor of this paper is The Salt Lake Tribune, Inc. Its Sunday circulation is 84,137. aul Huntsman is the president of this paper.
Deseret News was first launched on 15 June 1850. It is a weekly print newspaper with a daily online edition. It publishes in broadsheet format. Deseret News Publishing Company is the present owner of this paper. Its weekday print circulation is 40,719 and Sunday is 109,330.
Salt Lake City Weekly is an alternative weekly newspaper. It publishes in tabloid format in the English language. Copperfield Publishing, Inc. is the proprietor of this newspaper. The first issue date of this paper is 1984 by John Saltas. It features news, A&E, eats & drink, music, film, events, and marketplace.
Sandy Journal is a local newspaper in Utah. It offers the best advertising from the different marketplace. Besides, it also publishes local life, entertainment, education, food, business, and more. It was founded in 1991.
Utah Newspapers Online
- Logan Herald Journal
- Ogden Standard-Examiner
- Provo Herald
- Salt Lake City Deseret News
- Salt Lake City Intermountain Commercial Record
- Salt Lake City Salt Lake Tribune
- St. George Spectrum
- Bountiful Davis County Clipper
- Brigham City Box Elder News Journal
- Cedar City Iron County Today
- Castle Dale Emery County Progress
- Cottonwood / Holladay Journal
- Delta Millard County Chronicle Progress
- Draper Draper Journal
- Kanab Southern Utah News
- Manti Sanpete Messenger
- Moab’s Times-Independent
- Monticello San Juan Record
- Morgan Morgan County News
- Murray Murray Journal
- Nephi Times-News
- Ogden Sentinel News
- Park City Park Record
- Price Sun Advocate
- Richfield Richfield Reaper
- Riverton South Valley Journal
- Sandy Sandy Journal
- Salt Lake City Church News
- Salt Lake City Intermountain Catholic
- Salt Lake City Salt Lake City Weekly
- Salt Lake City Valley Journals
- Salt Lake City QSaltLake
- Smithfield Smithfield Sun
- St. George Independent
- St. George St George News
- Springville serve daily
- Taylorsville Taylorsville Journal
- Tooele Tooele Transcript
- Tremonton Leader
- Wendover Wendover Times
- West Jordan West Jordan Journal
- The Daily Universe
- Utah Chronicle
- Utah Statesman
- UVU Review
- Utah Press Association
This article will help you to know the details of the top papers of Utah Newspapers and get the link to the online website. So, read the full post for knowing more details. Many of these are printed as well as published on online websites. You can read the news of this state online from any part of the world.
Q: What newspapers are available in Utah?
A: Utah has several newspapers available including The Salt Lake Tribune, Deseret News, The Herald Journal, The Daily Herald, The Standard-Examiner, and The Park Record, among others.
Q: What is the circulation of Utah newspapers?
A: The circulation of Utah newspapers varies, but The Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News have the largest circulation numbers. The Salt Lake Tribune has a daily circulation of around 70,000, while Deseret News has a daily circulation of around 45,000.
Q: Can I read Utah newspapers online?
A: Yes, many Utah newspapers have online editions that you can read. Some of the newspapers require a subscription to access their online content, while others offer some content for free.
Q: What type of news do Utah newspapers cover?
A: Utah newspapers cover a wide range of news, including local, state, and national news, as well as sports, business, entertainment, and more.
Q: How often are Utah newspapers published?
A: Most Utah newspapers are published daily, while others are published weekly or twice a week.
Q: How can I submit a letter to the editor of a Utah newspaper?
A: Most Utah newspapers have a designated email or mailing address for submitting letters to the editor. You can find this information on their website or in the print edition of the newspaper.
Q: Are there any free newspapers available in Utah?
A: Yes, there are some free newspapers available in Utah, such as the City Weekly and The Daily Universe. These newspapers are often distributed in public places, such as coffee shops and libraries.
Q: How do I place an ad in a Utah newspaper?
A: To place an ad in a Utah newspaper, you can contact the newspaper’s advertising department. They will provide you with information about ad sizes, rates, and deadlines.
Q: Can I subscribe to multiple Utah newspapers?
A: Yes, you can subscribe to multiple Utah newspapers if you wish. Many newspapers offer discounted rates for multiple subscriptions.
Q: What is the oldest newspaper in Utah?
A: The oldest newspaper in Utah is The Salt Lake Tribune, which was first published in 1871.