Solomon Islands is a country located in the South Pacific region, consisting of more than 900 islands. The country has a vibrant media landscape, with several newspapers serving different regions and communities. In this article, we will provide an overview of Solomon Islands newspapers.
Top 10 Solomon Newspapers
- Solomon Star News: The Solomon Star News is one of the most popular newspapers in the country, covering local news, sports, entertainment, and business. The newspaper is published in English and has a daily circulation of around 5,000 copies.
- Island Sun: The Island Sun is another popular newspaper in Solomon Islands, covering local news, politics, sports, and entertainment. The newspaper is published in English and has a daily circulation of around 4,000 copies.
- The National Express: The National Express is a weekly newspaper published in Honiara, the capital city of Solomon Islands. The newspaper covers local and international news, politics, sports, and business.
- Solomon Times: The Solomon Times is an online news portal that covers news and events from Solomon Islands and the Pacific region. The website is updated daily and covers a wide range of topics, including politics, sports, entertainment, and business.
- The Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation (SIBC): The SIBC is the national broadcaster of Solomon Islands, operating both radio and television channels. The SIBC provides news, current affairs, and entertainment programs in English and the local Pijin language.
In addition to these newspapers and broadcasters, there are several other media outlets in Solomon Islands, including community radio stations and online news portals. The media in Solomon Islands plays a crucial role in informing and educating the public and promoting freedom of expression and democratic values.